The Fantastic Film Festival – Galacticat that is celebrated every year at Tàrrega, is the first and only show of fantastic cinema in the lands of Lleida, Catalonia, for all movie lovers in general and those who love science fiction in particular and with a clear instruct and formative vocation.
Galacticat was born as an initiative to recover the universal classics of Sci-Fi for the general public and to deepen into this culture that has articulated the universe of cinema since its inception. Over the years, Galacticat has grown by increasingly involving citizens in this festival of cinema, gradually increasing programmed activities, parties and music shows, live screenings, public assistance and the response of the film industry.
The future goes on to deepen and improve the new activities, such as the GalactiCurt Short Film Contest or the GalactiCon Cosplay contest, which we have inaugurated last year with a fairly successful participation. Every year we learn from our mistakes and our successes, but we always keep in mind that THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
Rules & Terms
1) IIIrd GALACTICURT accepts real image or animation fiction films filmed between 2018 and 2019 with a maximum duration of 20 minutes submitted by both professional and amateur filmmakers under or older than 18 years. You can compete in two categories: Category for under 18 and Category for older than 18 years old. For directors under 18, the short films will compete in two subcategories according to the chosen genre: Fantastic or Free Genre. For directors older than 18, the films will compete in four categories, Fantastic, Free Genre, Animation or Terror.
VI GALACTICAT FILM FEST accepts too real image or animation fiction films produced between 2018 and 2019 with a maximum duration of 140 minutes to compete in Best Feature category.
2) Selection. A selection committee will decide which films will participate in the Festival at its own discretion. The committee is not obliged to justify its decision. The committee’s decision will be final.
3) Film Language. The festival has an international character so films from any country will be accepted, but FILMS IN ANY LANGUAGE OTHER THAN SPANISH OR CATALAN MUST HAVE SPANISH OR CATALAN SUBTITLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR INCLUSION. If you have no choice to translate your dialogs, you can submit your film and send your dialogs to us. If the film is selected we will translate your dialogs so you can embedd spanish subs to your film, for free. 😉
4) Screening format. For screening purposes, selected films must be available on digital files (H.264), Blu Ray or DVD.
5) Filmmakers must send a press kit with three hi-resolution photos and a poster if they are selected for screening their work.
6) Organizers assume that people registering works have the rights for exhibition of the works they register in the festival, as well as authorization to receive the prize. In any case, organizers waive to the responsibility that may be derived from breach of this term.
7) Participation in the festival assumes partial sharing of the film (no complete short film, 2 minutes maximum) for promotional purposes of the festival.
8) For the award of prizes, the winner MUST be present in the awards ceremony or send a video expressing his/her gratitude for the prize.
9) Dead line. The registration term ends on april 30, 2019. From april 30 on, no registration shall be made.
10) The organization has the right to rule on all cases not foreseen by these regulations.